Tuesday, April 17, 2012

SSG Carlos Diaz, United States Army, Ret.



Carlos Diaz was born April 21, 1957 at Manhattan, New York and passed away March 19, 2012 in Killeen, Texas at the age of 54.

Carlos proudly served his country in the United States Army and was retired.

Interment services, with military honors, were held on April 2 at the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery at Killeen.  In attendance were the Patriot Guard Riders who formed a line of American flags around the committal shelter during the service.

Captain Cook, a United States Chaplain, said the final prayers.  One of Carlos' daughters read the eulogy. 

An Army rifle detail of five rifles fired three volleys of fire, representing Duty, Honor and Country.  The Army bugler played taps.  The Army Honor Guard folded the American that covered the casket into a traditional triangle and passed it to an Army Non-Commissioned Officer.  He presented the flag to Carlos' dear wife, Carmen, on behalf of a grateful nation and the United States Army as a token of appreciation for his honorable and faithful service.

SSG Carlos Diaz was laid to rest on the grassy plain of the cemetery, as the American flag flew at half-staff, in his honor, at the top of the hill.

Left to cherish his memory are his wife, two daughters, two grandchildren and a host of other dear family and friends.










Remember Me

Fill not your hearts with pain and sorrow,
but remember me in every tomorrow.
Remember the joy, the laughter, the smiles,
I've only gone to rest a little while.

Although my leaving causes pain and grief,
my going has eased my hurt,
and given me relief.

So dry your eyes and remember me,
not as I am now, but as I used to be.
Because, I will remember you all,
and look on with a smile.
Understand in your hearts,
I've only gone to rest a little while.

As long as I have the love of each of you,
I can live my life in the hearts of all of you.


With thanks to Crawford-Bowers Funeral home for biographical information.

No comments:

Post a Comment