Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ronald Clayton Cate, United States Air Force Veteran





Ronald Cate was born on November 15, 1948 at Portland, Oregon and passed away on March 13, 2010 at Oahu, Hawaii, at the age of 61.

Ronald proudly served his country in the United States Air Force, including two tours of duty in Vietnam.  He worked on the aircraft of Operation Ranch Hand, keeping them flying.

Ronald and his loving wife, Sally, traveled the world, having been posted to Geneva, Budapest, Prague and Australia.

Final interment services, with full military honors, were held on March 26 at the Willamette National Cemetery.  Leading the services was Mr. Cliff Cox.  In attendance were Patriot Guard Riders and the McCord Air Force Honor Guard.

The Riders formed a line of American flags along the roadway to the committal shelter to welcome the arriving family and friends.  Members of the Riders assisted in the transfer of the flag draped, oak casket from the hearse to the shelter.

Family members said their last farewells, Mr. Cox read Ronald’s life story and a soloist sang, A Capella, “What a Wonderful World” as a light rain fell, and the angels wept.

The Air Force Honor Guard folded the flag that had covered the casket into a tight triangle.  The Air Force bugler played taps, and the flag was then presented to Sally, on behalf of the President of the United States, the Department of the Air Force, and a grateful nation for the faithful and dedicated service of Ronald Clayton Cate.

Ronald Cate was then laid to rest in the shade of the towering pines as the American flag flew at half-staff, in his honor, at the top of the hill.

Left to cherish his memory are his wife, Sally, his children and many other dear family and friends.

What A Wonderful World

I see trees of green…red roses too
I see ‘em bloom…for me and you
And I think to myself…what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue…clouds of white
Bright blessed days…dark sacred nights
And I think to myself…what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow…so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces…of people…going by
I see friends shaking hands…sayin’..how do you do
They’re really sayin’…I love you.

I hear babies cry…I watch them grow
They’ll learn much more…than I’ll never know
And I think to myself…what a wonderful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment