Wednesday, March 16, 2011

John C. Wright, United States Army



John Wright was born in Cincinnati, Ohio on August 21, 1946 and passed away on March 4, 2011.

John served his country in the United States Army for over 18 years and was a disabled veteran. He was a lifetime student of Western History and a cowboy in his heart. He also had a passion for trains and was a motorcycle rider. He was a member of the American Legion at Harker Heights, Texas.

An inurnment service was held on March 10, 2011 at the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery at Killeen, Texas. In attendance were the Patriot Guard Riders who formed a line of American flags around the committal shelter during the service.

Final prayers were said by the Rev. Stephen Schmidt, who led the gathered family and friends in The Lord’s Prayer.

The Army bugler played taps, and the Honor Guard carefully unfolded the American flag that laid against the Urn, then refolded it into the traditional triangle. The flag was then presented to John’s dear wife, JoAnn, on behalf of the President of the United States, the United States Army and a grateful nation as thanks for his many years of faithful service.

John’s Urn was then placed into a niche of the columbarium wall, and sealed shut for all eternity.

Left to cherish his memory are his wife, two daughters, a sister, two grandsons, five granddaughters, four adopted daughters and his two beloved dogs, Sadie and Chilow.




I’M FREE

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free
I’m following the path God has chosen for me.
I took his hand when I heard Him call;
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I’ve now found peace at the end of day.

If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joys.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;
Oh yes, these things, I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
Look for the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life’s been full, I savored much;
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.
Perhaps my time seems all too brief;
Don’t lengthen your pain with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and peace to thee,
God wanted me now, He set me free.

By Shannon Lee Mosely



No comments:

Post a Comment